web-based apps
I've been using bloglines for awhile now which is a free news aggregator. I didn't like any of the news aggregator application out there because it would always annoy me that if I used the aggregator at work and then came home, my news aggregator at home would tell me I have all of these new articles to read when in fact I read them at work. But there would never be way for my aggregator at home to know what my aggregator at work already saw. Well there are ways for the two aggregators to sync up but that's not the point... Basically I like the web-based idea of the aggregator cuz I could check it from any web-browser.
I recently found this site called del.icio.us which is basically a online bookmark service. So you can bookmark a website by running a bookmarklet and it will be saved at their website and you can access your bookmarks whenever. I think this is a great idea considering when you find a cool webpage at work but you're at home and want to re-find that page, you'll already have it bookmarked. The site will also display the most popular webpages bookmarked by their users so you can see what "other" people on the web are look at as well.
A9 is another pretty cool site by Amazon but I haven't used it that much yet. It keeps a history of your searches and can also bookmark your relevant search results.
I recently found this site called del.icio.us which is basically a online bookmark service. So you can bookmark a website by running a bookmarklet and it will be saved at their website and you can access your bookmarks whenever. I think this is a great idea considering when you find a cool webpage at work but you're at home and want to re-find that page, you'll already have it bookmarked. The site will also display the most popular webpages bookmarked by their users so you can see what "other" people on the web are look at as well.
A9 is another pretty cool site by Amazon but I haven't used it that much yet. It keeps a history of your searches and can also bookmark your relevant search results.
some at my workplace use the yahoo toolbar. which also has an online store of your bookmarks to be accessed wherever and whenever.
Posted by
madmanrich |
10:21 AM
I hacked around with Movable Type and put up a prototype site called http://bookmarks.lukema.net/ It's actually been really useful so far: I have my main set of bookmarks everywhere I go. The bookmarklet just runs pops up an MT window: I use the various fields (body, extended body, description) to fit my uses. The only bad part is that every time you do a bookmark, you have to choose the specific blog, then a specific category. Forces you to be neat, I guess...
Posted by
Me |
1:11 AM
I didn't know that about the yahoo toolbar. I would expect google to come out with its version somehow...maybe even link it to blogger or gmail or something. I use Firefox so I wouldn't use those toolbars anyways.
Posted by
Bryant |
9:59 AM