Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence
I saw Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence tonight, it was about what I expected. I liked the first one a little bit better than this one. You don't need to have seen the first one to understand the second movie, although it would help explain some parts and concepts of the movies. I watched the first one again a few days ago because I forgot the details of what happened. I think seeing the first movie so recently allowed me get a little better grasp of Innocence a little bit. Although I was still lost at some points.
The movie is visually very beautiful and pretty, which was what I expected it to be. It combined 2d and 3d animation in a lot of the scenes. It made some scenes look really awesome and pretty; but for others I would had preferred the old skool classical anime-style animation. The middle of the film gets a bit slow and spews out a bunch of philosophical questions on existence of humans and machines by quoting numerous sources from the bible to Milton to Descartes. Kinda what you expect from Ghost in the Shell but I thought there wasn't that much flow to the philosophical ramblings. Overall the movie was okay but I think I'd have to watch it again to actually understand everything that is going on.
The movie is visually very beautiful and pretty, which was what I expected it to be. It combined 2d and 3d animation in a lot of the scenes. It made some scenes look really awesome and pretty; but for others I would had preferred the old skool classical anime-style animation. The middle of the film gets a bit slow and spews out a bunch of philosophical questions on existence of humans and machines by quoting numerous sources from the bible to Milton to Descartes. Kinda what you expect from Ghost in the Shell but I thought there wasn't that much flow to the philosophical ramblings. Overall the movie was okay but I think I'd have to watch it again to actually understand everything that is going on.